Limestone Youth Baseball Board Meeting Minutes
November 5, 2017
- Members present: Phil Quine Joel Chapman, Tom Dunne, Tyler Christiansen, Josh Otten, Brandon Kleist, Dane Segler, Ryan Marvin, Jeff Hurst, Bryan Newby, Matt Briggs, Mike Daxenbichler
- Visitors: Shane Clark, Jason Lykins, Noah Durham, Matt Lane, Adam Willard, Joe Dicce, Chance Braun, Dan Corpus
Mike Daxenbichler called the meeting to order at 6:45
- Financials were presented and discussed. Matt Briggs made the motion to cancel the AT&T bill and look at alternative phone options. Motioned seconded by Ryan Marvin. All ayes. Motion carries.
- Fall League Update: The board expressed their thanks to Matt Briggs and Bryan Newby for their hard work for a successful fall season.
- Scoreboard Update: Scoreboards have been installed, need to contact Mark Flessner for further information.
- Fall Work: Dirt has been ordered and delivered this month to the diamonds. Classy Grass will be contacted to spread the dirt.
- Golf Outing: Matt Briggs has volunteered to chair the golf outing again this year. It will be held on May 5th. Matt will contact Coyote Creek for possible venue.
- Travel Baseball: Numbers are good for 8u, 9u, 10u, 11u, 13u. 12u is in need of a player and 14 u is in need of three players. Dane is to contact parents to see if they'd be willing to play 14u rather than junior legion next year.
- In-House: Discussion was held on allowing travel kids to opt out of in house participation. After discussion, this is not going to be an option for the upcoming season. The board will revisit the idea of 12u travel kids not playing in house.
- Mustang Rules: the idea of using pitching machines during Mustang games to allow for more quality at bats was discussed, but no resolution has been decided. Possible changes include Mustang coach pitch, machines, or restructuring the age divisions of the leagues.
- Wish-lists: The board discussed wish lists for the league for this season. No such list has been created yet. Items needing to be addressed are the batting cages and the leaning light posts.
- USA Bats: A new type of bat will come out with barrel dimensions illegal for our in house leagues. Phil Quine will research these bats and bring recommendations back to the board regarding use of these bats in the league.
- Mouse Race: February 24, 2018. JD Long and Joel Chapman are in need of volunteers to ensure a successful Mouse Race fundraiser. Each travel team needs to provide one parent to participate on the Mouse Race Committee.
- New Members: Potential new members were introduced to the board and expectations were presented to them. The board will decide to give them associate board member status for the 2018 season.
Meeting adjourned 9:30 pm