Limestone Youth Baseball Board Meeting Minutes
July 8, 2018
Members present: Steve Christianson, Tyler Christianson, Brandon Kleist, Matt Lane, Dane Segler, Ryan Marvin, Jeff Hurst, Noah Durham, Adam Willard, Jason Lykins, JD Long, Ben Roberts, Mike Daxenbichler, Phil Quine.
- Meeting called to order at 6:36 by President Mike Daxenbichler.
- Treasurer's Report
- Secretary's Report
- New Sponsor- Route 24 Gun and Pawn has contact LYBB to sponsor a team. Owner has two kids playing in the league. The board discussed potential issues with the nature of this business sponsoring a youth sports team. The biggest concern was using the word "gun" in the name of the team, but it is in the name of the business. The board voted unanimously to allow this business to sponsor an in house team, giving families the opportunity to have their child moved to a different team if they take offense to the team name.
- In House Tournament Preparation
- Pitching rule was clarified for Mustang and Bronco Leagues-The top 5 travel pitchers from each travel team will be limited to 2 innings per week. Travel coaches will communicate these pitchers to league commissioners, league commissioners will communicate this to league coaches. This keeps the tournament competitive.
- Bat rules were clarified for remainder of season. USSSA 2 ¼ barrels are legal, as well as all USA bats, and drop 3 bats. Anything else is illegal. Please contact umpires or league officials for clarity.
- Travel Baseball 2019
- The board voted unanimously to keep teams age specific for 2019. The board voted to allow players at all levels to try out for an older team and give them the opportunity to play at a higher level. With this being said, try out dates will be held on different weekends, ages 8, 10, 12, 14 will be held first, with ages 9, 11, 13 being held the weekend after. If a younger kid fails to make the older team, he has the opportunity to try out at his age division.
- Coaching positions will be advertised on the LYBB website and Facebook pages and the board will hold interviews on July 29 before the scheduled board meeting. Anyone interested should contact Mike Daxenbichler, JD Long, or Phil Quine.
Next meeting is set for Sunday, July 29th at 6:00.
Meeting adjourned at 9:00.