2019 Bronco League Rules
- All boys must attend at least 1 tryout to be drafted; any boy not trying out will be assigned by the League Board to a team after all the boys eligible for the draft are chosen.
- An incoming son of the head coach is automatically assigned to his team. This player will be assessed at the draft by the other coaches and be given a FAIR draft grade (i.e. 1st round, 2nd round, 3rd round, etc.
- A complete redraft of all teams will be done each year
- No passing is allowed in the player draft.
- A player must be 11 or 12, but not 13 on or before April 30 (10 year old travel baseball players may be allowed to play Bronco).
- All boys will be drafted and/or assigned to a team.
- If a player signs up after the draft, the League Board will assign the player to a team if openings are available.
- No trades are allowed except on draft day.
- Draft order will be randomly selected by drawing numbers. The draft will be in serpentine form.
- A regulation game will be 6 innings except in case of rain or darkness, the game will be considered complete if 4 innings have been finished (3 1⁄2 innings if home team is ahead).
- No new innings can begin later than 1 ½ hours after the game has started during regular season games. No new innings can begin later than 1 hour and 45 minutes after the game has started during the In-House tournament. There will be no time limit during the championship game of the In-House tournament.
- No team may score more than 5 runs per inning in the first 5 innings. There is no run limit after the 5th The game will be considered complete if a team is 10 runs ahead after 4 innings (3 1⁄2 innings if home team is ahead).
- All postponed games must be played before the first game of the LYBB tournament. The league director will reschedule these games.
- If travel tournament play interferes with regular season games, it shall be by mutual agreement of both coaches and the League Director to re-schedule the game on the next available date.
- All catchers must wear cup and throat guard.
- Each player must play at least every other inning in the field.
- Free substitution is allowed. However, a player must bat in the same position in the batting lineup.
- Every player must be entered in the batting order and must bat.
- Bases shall be 70 feet apart.
- Home team is responsible for putting the scores on the scoreboard after the home half of each inning.
- A team must have 8 players to start and finish the game or a forfeit will result. If the 9th player shows up late, he may be inserted at the bottom of the lineup with no penalty.
- Leading off and stealing is permitted.
- No player shall intentionally throw a bat or helmet.
- In the event a team does not have 9 players, a player from the Mustang League only can be brought up to play. A pool of players will be given to the coaches prior to the season. However, any player from the Mustang League can play if needed.
- Runners may not score on a passed ball or wild pitch. Runners may advance from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd on a passed ball or wild pitch at their own risk.
- A batter is out after the 3rd strike is called. If it’s a passed ball or wild pitch the batter is still out (NO DROP 3rd STRIKE).
- No runner shall steal home.
- If an attempt is made on a player at 3rd and the ball gets away, the player may advance home at their own risk.
- See the detailed pitching guidelines provided in a separate document.
--The League Commissioner will contact each In-House coach prior to each week’s In-House games to let them know how many innings (if any) the Travel Players will be allowed to pitch for that week.
- A pitcher may not return to the mound after he is removed.
- No intentional walks will be allowed.
- Pitcher’s rubber shall be 48 feet from home plate.
- A balk will be called after the first warning for each pitcher that pitches the game.