All boys must attend the tryout designated to them by the league at sign ups. There will be 2 tryout days which will be conducted by Alphabetical order. A-M one day, N-Z the next. Any player that misses the tryout will be assigned to a team by random draw at the league draft.
1. An incoming son of the head coach is automatically assigned to his team. This player will be assessed at the draft by the other coaches and be given a FAIR draft grade (i.e. 1st round, 2nd round, 3rd round, etc.)
2. No assistant coaches can be selected before the draft.
3. A complete redraft of all teams will be done each year.
4. No passing is allowed in the player draft.
5. A player must be 9 or 10, but not 11 on or before April 30th
6. All boys will be drafted and/or assigned to a team.
7. If a new player signs up after the day of the draft, the League Board will make a team assignment if player openings are available. The teams will be selected and recorded by random draw at the end of the draft to determine who will receive the new players.
8. No trades are allowed except on draft day.
9. Draft order will be randomly selected by drawing numbers. The draft will be in serpentine form. After the end of each odd round, the draft order will be redrawn randomly by drawing numbers.
1. There is a 5 run limit for the first 4 innings.
2. A regulation game will be 6 innings except in case of rain or darkness. The game will be considered complete if 4 innings have been finished, 3 1⁄2 innings if home team is ahead.
3. Games will start at 6:15 pm. No new innings can begin later than 1 1⁄2 hours after the game has started. There is no time limit for the championship game during the In-House tournament.
4. The game will be considered complete if a team is 10 runs ahead after 4 innings, 3 1⁄2 innings if the home team is ahead.
5. All postponed games must be played before the first game of the LYBB tournament. The league director will reschedule these games.
6. If travel team tournament play interferes with regular season games, it shall be by mutual agreement of both coaches and the League Director to reschedule the game on the next available date.
7. All catchers must wear a cup and throat guard.
8. Free substitutions are allowed, however, a player must bat in the same position in the batting lineup at all times.
9. Each player must play at least every other inning in the field each game.
10. The tenth player on the field must play as the 4th outfielder.
11. Stealing second or third base is allowed after the ball passes the plate.
12. No lead offs.
13. Runners may not score on a passed ball or wild pitch unless the catcher throws the ball directly making a play on the runner at third.
14. A runner on third base may not advance if a play is made on another runner attempting to steal second base. Once the play on the runner advancing from first to second is made, regardless of the outcome, upon the play’s conclusion, the ball will be deemed dead. Neither the runner on third nor the potential runner on second will be allowed to advance further as a result of the play.
15. No dropped 3rd strike.
16. Bases shall be 60 feet apart.
17. Every player bats. Example: If 12 players show up for the game, all 12 players must be entered into the batting order.
18. The home team is responsible for posting the score on the scoreboard after the home half of each inning.
19. A team must have 8 players to start and finish the game or a forfeit will result. If the 9th player shows up late, he may be inserted at the end of the lineup without penalty.
20. No player shall intentionally throw a bat or helmet.
21. In the event a team does not have 9 players, a player from the Pinto League only can be brought up to play. A pool of players will be given to the coaches prior to the season. However, any player from the Pinto League can play if needed.
1. See the detailed pitching guidelines provided in a separate document.
--The League Commissioner will contact each In-House coach prior to each week’s In-House games to let them know how many innings the Travel Players will be allowed to pitch. Innings limits run Friday-Thursday.
2. A pitcher may not return to the mound after he is removed.
3. No intentional walks will be allowed.
4. Before the season starts, the coaches for the A and B travel teams will notify the league commissioner who their top 2 pitchers will be. These pitchers will only be allowed to pitch 2 innings per week during In-House games. This includes the In-House tournament. In addition to this rule, those pitchers are not allowed to pitch on Mondays.
5. Pitcher’s rubber shall be 44 feet from home plate